Montaigne is a personal blogging platform powered by Dropbox. Manage your content inside the Dropbox and have it published automatically.
There are no mandatory interface, no special tools - just files and folders. Use your preferred text editor, add markdown, text file, images and have it published.
how can I use it
You can use Montaigne to publish a blog, personal sites, portfolios, documentation sites, wiki, landing pages.
You are limited by your immagination only. Montaigne was created as the simplest way to publish on the web. Have a text file? Just put it into Dropbox and have a site ready.
how to use
- Signup on montaigne.io using your Dropbox account. You will get a new directory /Apps/montaigne inside your Dropbox folder.
- Create a new folder for your site like cool-site.com.
- Add markdown or text files inside this new directory.
- Watch how the new site is created and the content is published.
supported file formats
Following file types are suppoted:
- markdown files are rendered to html
- text files treated the same way as markdown files and will be rendered to html
- images are published as-is
- audio files are published as-is
- html files are published as-is
- pdf files are published as-is
Several files/directories that will not be published:
- if the file/directory name starts with “.” or “_”
- if the directory name is “drafts”(case-insensitive)